Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Presenting the NEW kitchen


Finally after waiting for 10 years, the HDB decided to upgrade the building. And i decided to join the bandwagon and renovate my kitchen. Parul, Rakhee and Zeenat gave ideas and we finalise on material and design. But tragedy strucked! As most of you know, the 1st contractor ran away. So we got a 2nd contractor and he finally finished doing up the kitchen on Sat morning. Khalid came and fixed the wiring and the sink on sun. And wala - i've got my new kitchen. I love it. So do the kids. We all loved it. Now to put it to test with the extended family!

Of course i wanted Victor to be the 1st person to see the kitchen, for obvious reasons. But he was clubbing and getting drunk in Hong Kong. Parul saw it 1st in the group on Fri and she loved it. Victor made his way on Sat and admired it. Though not so profusely.. hmmm.. was he still hungover? And Rakhee is still missing in action - planning her Japan trip is more impt than my kitchen!!!

Now I have a loan of 12K - please god - give me a good bonus in May so that I can clear at least half of it.

And now - lets party. Dhaba is open every sat. Please do drop by for a meal...

shalini

3 comments:

Unknown said...

OOOHHHHH!!!

I am loving it too....i love the black cupboards!!! Please parcel some of ur keema to me....i hate to be missing all the yummy meals!!

i hope u have got a new dining table now to go with the new kitchen...

Unknown said...

the kitchen looks awesome. reinforcing it again.

Barlalee said...

It looks great!