Monday, April 21, 2008

Dining Table



I distinctively remember telling sheens and nisha - i want a glass top table at the start of the renovation. I always wanted one - its a dream - a desire to own one while i was growing up.

Sheens says: No
Nisha says: Anything
Rohini says: What a waste of money! You dont know to spend your money wisely
Rakhee says: Tacky!
Parul says: Shalini whatever you want - i will support you
Gana says: Not good choice shalini
Victor says: Where is the table?
Bhavna says: Chalte hain chalte hain dekte hain

OK i dropped the idea. I consoled and convinced myself to settle for a all wooden dining table. Now that the kitchen is done, guess who wants a glass top table?? You said it - the kids esp sheens. And I want wooden now!

Forget all that - for the past 2 weekends I have been begging the kids to get out and get a table. I want family dinners and lunches - where everyone sits down and eats as a family. I only want one hour of their time. They can't be bothered - they don't have time. I even short listed the 3 tables i want - Parul agrees they will look great and go with the decor of the kitchen. Took pix on handphone to show them. Nothing - nada. Sigh. Please someone tell them to move their butt and get a table for the kitchen. At this stage, i just want a table. Either wooden or glass top - anything will do. Just give me a table!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like glass table. I LIKE. Put some colourful stones under the glass...you know like they have in the spas :)