Sunday, May 11, 2008

1st official lunch

I finally managed to drag sheens and we bought a dining table 2 weeks back. It was delivered on Tuesday and Sat we had our first family lunch. Of course, my family choose not to be around. Parul had to chose that time to go to frisco & victor to sydney... sigh. But never mind, Sunil, Montu bhaiya, Siow Leng, Jo and Praveen were there :)

Anyways - i learnt something. I dont know how to set a table nor do we (kids and me) know how to eat at a dining table.

The glaring mistakes:
- No plates were set on the table. I am so used to everyone getting their own plates and just helping themselves to the food! We just sat down and then realise the blunder.
- No spoons were set next to the plates - i just assume everyone ate with their fingers! Had to get up and get spoons for them.
- No glasses were set next to the plates. Had to get up half way to wash the glasses and put them on the table.
- We have no jug! I had to fill it up from the sink and bring it over.
- Finally, we need a dustbin. We have no bin in the kitchen.
- We need napkins - cloth!
- We need placemats!
- We need a nice see-thru table cloth to display the glass top.

Gayathri (and hopefully rakhee - if she picks up my calls) coming for lunch this sat. I have to make sure its perfect this time round. I learnt my lessons! This is wat i will do..



BTW - when are the rest of you coming over for lunch????? You know I strongly believe in feeding my friends. The friendship and the relationship lasts longer in my warped mind!!

shalini

1 comment:

jps said...

will you cook me maggi goreng? i will eat with my hands!!!!!