Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I won!

How often do we win in lucky draws & toto? I guess after cribbing so much on the National Day toto draw, God decided to be merciful and award me a prize.

Recently I won a 32" Sharp LCD tv. Yippee Yeah. It was a customer appreciation lunch and they had lucky draw. First prize being the TV. I had gone there with Pramod, a colleague of mine. Immediately after the lunch, Pramod's mantra was - "lets go na.. we wont win. chal na - lets go"

But I stuck my guns out. And they announced the 1st prize winner - some lady from Singapore Tourism Board, Pramod gave me that "I told you so" look. I sighed - i offered to buy him chai for a week for making him sit thru this.

But no lady came forward - the lady was gone. She did not wait for the lucky draw. The next name drawn was mine. Oh the smiles, the laughter, the joy - the happiness. I won - oh god - i won!

The last time i won a pair of diamond rings were 10 years back at the CK Tang lucky draw. And now this!

First person i called is Victor and he was really sweet about it. Then Pramod says - dont you want to call your kids - oh yes - my kids - how can i forget. Called sheens then parul and put them on conference. Called nisha after that.

Last saturday - i went to redeem the tv. I upgraded it to 37" by paying $400 more. I think its totally worth it. And the new tv will be delivered this sat.

Now the problems this new tv has created for me in my life:

- Sheens is hopping mad. She says I get headache with a 29" tv (our current tv size) and now you got us a 37". I told you to just stick by the 32" rite? I am still trying to figure out - who is the mom here!

- The current tv was given to us by Jacqueline before she migrated to Melbourne. Its a nishani (momento) - how can you get a new tv. How can you just throw the nishani away?

- 37" is too big for our hall! We live in a hdb flat and not a condo!

Aiyo!

First of all kid (the mom is speaking here!):

- I always wanted an lcd tv. since parul got hers 2 months back, i have been craving for one. I would have gotten one sooner or later.

- I am not throwing the nishani away - I am giving it to my bro who needs a tv. So the tv will still be around and we can always go visit him whenever YOU miss Jacqueline auntie too much. I miss her too but i dont need to see the tv to miss her! Child - you got your logic of missing people - distorted and twisted!

- Wats the point of having a lcd flat tv if its only 32"? besides victor and rajiv said for $400 its worth it to get a 37". And once you place the tv against the wall, it will look fine in the hall. So please blame them too for my decision!

Anyways all said and done, am really happy. I won a tv.

shalini

1 comment:

jps said...

Haha! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

yes an LCD is the way to go - the old one has served you well! :) Good that its going to a good home!!!


I'm sure after they watch their bollywood heros in such sharp resolution, they will be kissing you saying THANK YOU! :)

miss you too!